External Refund Policy (as shown in Terms and Conditions and on the website):
At AngeLink, we’re building a revolutionary new fundraising platform to help billions of people around the world. Our user community is rooted in integrity, honesty and transparency. Giving to someone in need is an act of kindness and human compassion. AngeLink strives to ensure that each and every fundraising campaign is valid and legitimate. Contributions on AngeLink are made as a personal gift such as a peer-to-peer donation or as a tax deductible donation to a certified 501(c)(3) charity.
To see more about The AngeLink Assurance Policy click here.
Donations on the AngeLink platform are generally nonrefundable but may be eligible for a refund under certain circumstances. By donating to an AngeLink fundraiser, you understand and expressly agree that your donation is not refundable. Within 30 days of your donation, and if the donation has not been transferred to the charity, you may contact customer support to request a refund. Refunds are issued under Angelink’s sole discretion. In addition, if, in AngeLink’s sole and exclusive discretion, a fundraising campaign is determined to be misrepresented, fraudulent or in breach of AngeLink Terms of Service, the campaign will be terminated and all donations may be refunded to donors to the best of our ability, donated to a similar charity, or contributed to the AngeLink Community Foundation (“ACF”). In the event that donations to a potentially fraudulent campaign are withdrawn by the beneficiary, but later are recovered by AngeLink, those funds will be refunded to donors to the best of our ability, or alternatively contributed to a similar charity, or to ACF’s Pillars of Giving. ACF was established with a mission to empower women and organizations that support women through grants and distributions to AngeLink funding recipients as well as charitable organizations.
Further, you acknowledge and agree that if you as the fundraiser fail to enter the proper withdrawal information and/or provide required verification documentation within 90 days of receiving your first donation, your campaign may be terminated and all donations will be refunded to donors, contributed to a similar charity, or to ACF.
Our Refund Policy may be reviewed and modified at any time.
A donor may contact Customer Support and request a refund of his/her donation due to the following:
- the donation was made in error – to the wrong person, charity, or fundraiser
- the donation was not authorized by the donor
- the donation was a larger amount than intended
- the donor believes the fundraiser is fraudulent
- the donor believes that the funds raised were misused by the fundraiser or the beneficiary
- the donor wishes a refund of an unintentional tip
Note: Any refund requests initiated by a fundraiser is limited to his/ her donation to a campaign. Fundraisers are not permitted to donate to their own personal campaign or receive a refund where they are also the beneficiary. Under certain circumstances, fundraisers or beneficiaries may decide they no longer need funds raised and wish to deactivate their campaign and refund their donors. This action must be made prior to any withdrawals , and once initiated cannot be reversed.
**In order to receive a potential donation refund you must be able to accept funds back on the original form of payment. Refunds generally take 7-10 business days to be processed once initiated.
All potential refunds and/or resolutions will be decided by AngeLink, in its sole discretion, and will be considered to be a final and conclusive decision.
If your issue is not sufficiently addressed above please contact us. In order to pursue a refund or make a potential claim under this Policy you must meet the following requirements:
- You were not involved in any way in any misuse or potentially fraudulent activity of any kind relating to the fundraiser.
- You have not filed a chargeback after receiving a refund in the past, filed a previous claim relating to this fundraiser or initiated a prior refund request for this fundraiser.
- You reported the fundraiser on AngeLink and allowed at least 5 business days for a response to address your concern. You responded to all requests for information for AngeLink to process your claim and provided evidentiary documentation and/or validation of misuse to support your claim.
In order to proceed with a claim you expressly acknowledge and agree to the following:
- You agree to notify AngeLink if you receive updates, information or communication regarding the fundraiser and will cooperate with the AngeLink investigation or law enforcement investigation of any kind.
- You further agree that, if for any reason, you receive funds relating to your claim from any other source outside of AngeLink, you will return to AngeLink any funds granted to you under this Policy.
Below are circumstances when funds will not be refunded:
- You seek a refund for a fundraiser that is not covered under this Policy or for a donation made to a charity or nonprofit organization.
- You regret your donation or you have a personal disagreement with the fundraiser or beneficiary; or you have a disagreement over how the funds raised (or any excess funds raised over the goal amount) will be received and/or used.
- You seek a refund for a donation to your own fundraiser or a refund for monies raised outside of the AngeLink Platform.
- You have donated to a fundraiser that was removed for reasons other than misuse and fraudulent activity.
- You have a disagreement with the fundraiser and it cannot be documented or proven that a misuse or fraudulent activity has occurred.
- You disagree with AngeLink’s decision to designate or redesignate a beneficiary, which AngeLink reserves the right to do at any time, in its sole discretion, for misuse of funds or potentially fraudulent activity.
- You disagree over the payment instructions.
- You have allowed another individual to withdraw funds from your campaign or a court order has directed funds directly to the beneficiary, or funds were directed towards a withholding or garnishment.
- You incurred expenses but you are not the beneficiary of the fundraiser,
- Please note that if AngeLink determines, in its sole and exclusive discretion, that there is potential misuse or fraudulent activity, upon review of evidentiary documentation, AngeLink may elect to refund donors directly instead of providing funds to the intended recipient.
All potential refunds and/or resolutions will be decided by AngeLink, in its sole and exclusive discretion, and will be considered a final and conclusive decision.
Potential Refund of Donation to a Charity:
Donations to a 501(c)(3) charity are made as voluntary charitable donations with no conditions and are therefore nearly always nonrefundable. All donations made to a certified charity (from the drop down list of charities on the AngeLink Platform) receive a receipt from ACF at the time a donation is made. ACF, as an IRS registered 501(c)(3) charity, provides funds to partners of its charitable Nonprofit Alliance every month. ACF is not able to provide refunds for donations that have been previously granted to a charitable partner, and therefore you must contact the charity partner that received the funds to discuss a potential refund.
Refunds for a donation to a charity or nonprofit organization are highly unusual and may be granted by ACF, in its sole and exclusive discretion. Circumstances under which a refund might be granted include:
- The donation was not authorized by the donor
- Your donation was made by mistake or was unintentional
- The amount donated was incorrect
AngeLink, in its sole and exclusive discretion, may require a minimum donation amount threshold that may apply to receive a potential refund under this Policy.
AngeLink may update, modify or terminate this Policy in its sole and exclusive discretion without notice at any time. This Policy represents the entire understanding between you and AngeLink regarding potential refunds, and supersedes any other oral or written documentation between AngeLink and you regarding any potential refund or claim. Please also review the AngeLink Terms of Service as it will supplant any terms of this Policy that may be in conflict for any reason.
This Policy does not constitute a warranty against potential fraud or misuse nor does it constitute an insurance contract of any kind. Any terms of this Policy are not transferable or assignable by you.
All donations are generally nonrefundable and are voluntary gifts that cannot be refunded unless AngeLink in its sole and exclusive discretion agrees to issue a refund under the terms of this Policy. Any decision to grant benefits under this Policy does not constitute a waiver of AngeLink’s right to decline future payments or refunds in its sole and exclusive discretion.